Follow

Review Pad: The Face Shop Jeju Volcanic Lava Pore Mud Pack


IN connection to last week’s column, here’s a review on a mud mask product that I am currently using: The Face Shop’s Jeju Volcanic Lava Pore Mud Pack.

I have been using it quite a bit since I bought it last month and here are my thoughts on it.



Photo from their website.
About the brand

First things first, in case you are not familiar with the brand, let me give you a quick background on it. The Face Shop is a South Korea-based skincare and cosmetics brand. Fun fact: the brand is also a subsidiary of another famous Korean brand: LG Corporation (Household & Health Care).

The Face Shop prides in offering affordable and natural skin care products for every skin type.  


The product

The mud pack is part of the brand’s Jeju Volcanic Lava collection which according to their website is a “purifying pore line” which contains volcanic ash all the way from Jeju Island. The product collection works best for oily and combination skin as the product is mainly made of bentonite clay from volcanic ash.

Other than the mud pack, they also have pore scrub foam, pore toner, pore cleansing wipes and nose strip to name a few. I have tried using their Jeju Volcanic Lave nose strip and I loved it which led me to trying out their mud mask.  

The Face Shop’s Jeju Volcanic Lava Pore Mud Pack promises to “absorb sebum while cleansing pores” all with the power of the red soil from Hallasan Mountain which erupted hundreds of years ago.


Pros and Cons: My Experience

I have been using it once a week since I bought it. Package instruction says to apply it on a cleansed face, leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. So here’s how it went:

Pros:
-It did not irritate my skin (Sensitive skin approved!)
-It did not dry my skin out, instead it was pretty smooth and moisturized after I used it.
-It did not break me out compared to other bentonite clay masks I’ve tried.
-The product comes in a ready to apply jar which means no need to mix it.
-Price: P695. I am not sure if this would be a con for some but I find it quite affordable and it would probably last me for a long time since you don’t need much product to cover your face.

Cons:
-It did not come with its own spatula. (I hope it would so I just improvised by using a concealer brush)
-It may be difficult to rinse so make sure to follow instructions and use lukewarm water.

The Verdict

I love it! It was totally worth the purchase and I would definitely be sharing it with my girl friends during a pamper night.


With that said, I might consider buying more from this product collection. Hope you found this review helpful. Do you have any other face masks or products suggestions that you want to be reviewed? Email me at: kriztja.labrador@gmail.com








*As Published in SunStar Davao on February 22, 2017*

Share your thoughts!

Comments? Suggestions? Email me at: kriztja.labrador@gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment