Follow

2017 Planning Tips


WE are now down to the last few days of 2016. Where did this year go?! I can’t believe that it’s almost 2017 already!

I am always ecstatic with the coming of the New Year and it gets me into the mood for planning and setting goals for my year. This 2017 is my second year of using a planner (religiously) because I often get lazy during the middle of the year and just leave it unfilled but I have improved now. And because I am currently starting to fill up my new planner for next year, I thought why not share some easy planning ideas with you.



Mark the important dates

Birthdays/Anniversaries - I suck at remembering this (sorry friends) so that’s the first dates that I mark, I used to do this monthly but I think that it is much better to do it for the whole year so that you won’t forget to greet anyone.

Holidays – This makes vacation planning so much easier.

Miscellaneous – Just like the showing of your favorite TV shows or movie that you wanna see.


Get a “draft notebook”

One thing that I hate is for my planner pages to look messy, so when you’re in a meeting or when setting your personal plans, it’s better if you get a mini notebook where you can jot down tentative schedules. Less erasures equals less eye sore on your planner. 


Coordinate your schedules with colors/symbols

I use stickers and washi tapes when planning and in order to make it easier for me I coordinate them with my schedules for example there’s one tape for work and another for my blogging schedules. This will not only make your planner look cute but it would also let you get an overview of your month in a glance.


Set big and mini goals

There’s nothing more satisfying than the feeling of achieving your goals so motivate yourself and set your yearly and monthly goals. It can be as grand as buying a house or as simple as getting to walk your dog every day. 

Take one step at a time and you’ll get there!

BONUS: Planner Essentials

My planner essentials: Mini Sticky Notes, Draft Mini Notebook, Colored Pens and Highlighters, Washi tapes and mini scissors, mini stapler, bookmark, and a mini cardboard ruler.
Happy Planning and Happy New Year to all of you!







*As Published on SunStar Davao Newspaper on December 28, 2016*

Share your thoughts!

Comments? Suggestions? Email me at: kriztja.labrador@gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment