Follow

Review Pad: Simple Micellar Water


REMOVING all the grime from your face at the end of the day is very crucial but no matter how hard we try, there are really those days when we feel so lazy.

Having pretty sensitive skin is another problem which always makes me skeptic about substituting washing my face with makeup removers/wipes.

I have talked about the wonders of micellar water in a previous article and did a lot of research about it, especially the one being raved about by a lot of my favorite beauty gurus: Simple Micellar Cleansing Water. I saw their cleansing wipes in my local drugstore one day and told myself that maybe it’s time to try it out to know what’s magical about this promising product.

*Photo from Web*
About the brand

Simple is one of UK’s top skincare brands and they claim to be “sensitive skin experts.” They are known for their micellar water products which has recently made it in the PH market late last year.

Their PH website corporate profile says that Simple is part of Unilever Philippines, a prominent consumer goods company.

The site also mentions that the brand began way back in the 1960s and pioneered formulating a cleansing product that contained no color and no perfume for sensitive skin in the UK.



The product

I bought their Micellar Cleansing Wipes from my local Watsons at P299. They also have a big bottle of Micellar Cleansing Water sold in Watsons for P499.

Their wipes claims to “gently lift away make-up (including waterproof mascara), impurities and unclog pores” for a fresh, clean and hydrated skin without itching.



Pros and Cons: My Experience

During the first few times that I used the product it stung my skin and I freaked out so I stopped using it. It was during those times also that my skin is extra sensitive so maybe that’s why it stung. I was really upset because I had high hopes for the product since I have only read positive reviews on it.

After a few weeks and because I really wanna get the value for my money (P299 is not a joke for my wallet), I tried using it again. Yassss! It didn’t sting my skin and other than that, it did what it claims to do: removed my makeup, left my skin feeling clean and moisturized it as well (no need for moisturizers after you use it).

The Verdict

I am now down to finishing my second pack of their Micellar Cleansing Wipes so it’s obvious that I loved it…so much! Simple Cleansing Wipes has always been my rescue whenever I feel lazy at night or when I am travelling. Though it didn’t worked out at first, taking a second chance with this brand was the best idea! Try it for yourself!







*As Published in SunStar Davao on January 18, 2017*

Share your thoughts!

Comments? Suggestions? Email me at: kriztja.labrador@gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment